Labels

Anecdote (13) book reviews (7) chris (1) glimpses (77) marriage (9) mommaville (37) projects (24) recipes (7) scenes (61)

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Filling in the margins


I have learned one very vital thing is missing in my life right now... that is, I don't truly value myself as a Mom or parenting as my life work. This has many side affects- frusteration, lack of vision, hopelessness, not valuing my kids. I don't have much time to engage with this but I have come to conclude I need to fill in the small margins of my life with things that speak God's truth. I've started keeping worship music on during random play times or cleaning times during the day. And I am trying to listen to teachings about parenting or the such from people I respect during nap times. I cannot say how awesome this has been. If you want to check them out start with http://www.strongdisciple.com/- preparing your kids for life-part 1.


I was stuck by how God chose for me to be the Mom to my specific children, in the circumstances I am in and intends for me to succeed in training and raising them to be well rounded and passionate Christ lovers.


"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment