Labels

Anecdote (13) book reviews (7) chris (1) glimpses (77) marriage (9) mommaville (37) projects (24) recipes (7) scenes (61)

Friday, March 18, 2011

How do we get it all done?!?


A hot topic amongst many Moms is how to balance the business of our lives. While I often feel like I "get nothing done" most days. I am also busy and moving most of my day. I struggle to keep up with cleaning in any form. I do not claim to know any secrets so I figured I would put the word out there and see if any one had fun tidbits or secrets to share on how to stay on top of it all! From cleaning to meals to staying fit. Anything goes.


So here are a few of mine:

1. I clean the shower while I take a shower. I stick a sponge and the cleaner on the side of the tub and while I condition my hair, I wipe down the tub and walls. Saves so much time and mess!


2. Lysol wipes. Period. They make a disinfecting wipe down of any surface quick and spotless. They even leave the faucets shiny and spot free.


3. I put my kids to work. Someone recently made this comment to Anibel: "Wow, so you are 4? Your last year before Mommy makes you do chores..." Anibel looked at me confused. The only one in the family who doesn't do chores is Ezzie (just turned 1 yr.) and now that we have front loading washers and driers the kids basically do their own laundry.


1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I love the shower tip!
    We've had much discussion lately about doing chores even though we don't want to (with my 4-year-old), so you're definitely not the only one there!
    To keep on top of the toy situation, I've started using daily bins. Each day they can play with the toys in just one bin. At the end of the day, we clean it up and move onto the next one. It's not a perfect system, but it's so much better than having all the toys spread out all over the floor every. single. day. I blogged it here: http://selaandfamily.blogspot.com/2011/01/and-im-nerdbut-im-okay-with-that.html

    ReplyDelete