Labels

Anecdote (13) book reviews (7) chris (1) glimpses (77) marriage (9) mommaville (37) projects (24) recipes (7) scenes (61)

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some Invisible Line

I crossed into a new land today. I crossed some sort of invisible line. And it is edging on causing some sort of Mommy emotional crisis...

Today I dropped Anibel off at a little girl's birthday party...and left.

I know! I wasn't prepared. Anibel and I walked hand in hand 5 doors down to little Katie's party. In my head I am thinking, "this will be good. Anibel will get to meet some new kids. I will get to meet some neighborhood parents." Wrong. I showed up, girls are running around with party hats and parents are saying, "Have fun, I'll be back at 4pm!"

I was caught off guard. My little girl is growing up. I can just drop her off at a birthday party now.

I've crossed that line. And I'm not sure I am ready to...


I was told once it would happen all to fast. The growing up that is. And during the sleepless nights all I could think was, "Not fast enough." But now I think they are right. It is happening all too fast.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this story, Alyssa. Reading it helped me gain some perspective after a particularly rough night last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day I was remembering people spreading the news of Anibel being born and it doesnt seem long ago to me either. Yet she really is starting to seem like a bigger kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. older...but certainly not bigger! Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete