Labels

Anecdote (13) book reviews (7) chris (1) glimpses (77) marriage (9) mommaville (37) projects (24) recipes (7) scenes (61)

Monday, April 18, 2011

Spinach and Salmon Salad

So I tossed together some ingredients from the fridge today and stumbled upon my favorite new recipe. I figured I would share it!

Recipe:

4 - 6 oz. Salmon

Lemon Juice

Italian seasonings

1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Inca Red Quinoa made to package directions

Fresh Spinach greens


Mix olive oil with Italian seasoning and brush on Salmon. Sprinkle salmon with lemon juice and broil for roughly 5-6 minutes per inch of thickness.

Place broiled salmon (minus skin) on a bed of spinach greens. Add a scoop of quinoa on top. (I like making a batch of quinoa, a high protein whole grain, and saving it in the fridge for an easy addition to meals or salads.) Drizzle with vinaigrette (recipe below) and fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese. Enjoy!


Easy Vinaigrette: (from Hilary Lowe)

3/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1 tsp. dry mustard

1 tsp. sugar

1 tsp. salt

2 medium garlic cloves, crushed (or garlic powder)

Mix in container.

Makes 1 cup of dressing.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy and SUPER healthy! I will have to try it. Thanks...I'm always looking for new recipes.

    ReplyDelete