Labels

Anecdote (13) book reviews (7) chris (1) glimpses (77) marriage (9) mommaville (37) projects (24) recipes (7) scenes (61)

Friday, July 29, 2011

Kai

Us Ericksons have been puppy owners now for 36 hours.  And we feel a little like we have a newborn in the house again!  If anyone wants to test out the waters of what it is like to take care of and train a child- start with a dog!

The first day was tentative.  Kai was hesitant, afraid, easily spooked, refusing to eat anything and slept most the time.  Honestly, Chris and I were worried.  Is something wrong?  Yesterday we turned the sprinklers on and saw a little life return to him.  Dinner went better.   He is out in the backyard with me right now chasing a ball around and attacking the grass.  I was thrilled to see him come out of his shell and start to enjoy himself!  And then I thought about how funny it is that we get such a kick out of something like a dog enjoying itself under our care and love.  How much more do I know this is true with my kids!

And as I sat here, the sun rising slowly pink, the air cool and refreshing in the midst of hot summer. I was thinking about how we are made in God's image.  And a piece of that means his heart for his children is much like ours...only so much more so.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


"I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people;" Isaiah 65:19


I spend so much of my time believing God intends evil for me.  Wants life to be hard. Wants me to have to overcome obstacles and so introduces them into my life.  But I rarely give thought to how much God gets a kick out of it when I finally relax and begin to enjoy myself.  I imagine He's sitting "up there" enjoying his morning cup of Holy Spirit, watching me watch our new puppy.  And loving the whole experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment