Labels

Anecdote (13) book reviews (7) chris (1) glimpses (77) marriage (9) mommaville (37) projects (24) recipes (7) scenes (61)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Re-making

There are many things in me that need to changed.  Over the years of my being a Christian I noted these as weaknesses or struggles, things I wished were different but didn't know how to change.   These range all over the map, from wanting to please people and win their approval or lacking in generosity or getting frustrated with my kids.

Over the last couple of months God has impressed upon me a different way to approach these changes in character that I want.  Instead of trying to just act different, pray that God gives me a new and changed heart in whichever area.  If I was struggling being generous, for example, my answer was always to give more even though I didn't want to.  But I don't want to just act different. I want to BE different.  I don't want to be seen as generous.  I want to joyfully give, especially when no one sees.  So I've started praying God would just give me a new heart.  And it has been life changing the way he has come along and interacted with me.  Only God can give a person a changed heart.  The question I've always asked myself is, "am I desperate enough to let Him change me?" Sometimes we really don't think we need to change.  Sometimes we are more comfortable with how we are now.  And sometimes we are afraid of truly surrendering to God to LET Him change us.

Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit." Ez. 18:31

No comments:

Post a Comment