Labels

Anecdote (13) book reviews (7) chris (1) glimpses (77) marriage (9) mommaville (37) projects (24) recipes (7) scenes (61)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The tread beneath my feet...

For so many their life of faith consists of some religious choice or experience they had a year ago, or many years ago.  For me it is the tread beneath my feet.  It is those daily moments when I remember who I am before God and "surrender to him, " so to speak.


For me this often happens during a brief pause during my day, a walk, a glance out the window at the sunshine, a deep breath amidst some battle with one of my kids...it has happened on the rocky paths to the top of a fourteener, on the shores of some lost lake, late night road trips and under a shower of thickly falling snow. Lonely parking lots, sidewalk lined ponds, and most often the streets marking my neighborhood is where the battle ground of my desires and dreams have met the sovereign God.
I read this recently:
"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord." Acts 3:19

How great is it that our sins have been wiped out!  I know this began my christian life, but I've been thinking about how it is also a continuous step in following God daily.  I will never reach a point of 'maturity' where repentance is not needed.  I will always need Jesus- in fact, I should always NEED Jesus.  How desperate am I for him daily?  Am I experiencing his refreshment?  Cause he promises it to me... if I am walking in repentance.  Sometimes when I am tired, burned out, and in need of his spirit, I must ask myself how much I am walking in my own strength rather than repenting and turning to God's strength and grace.
And sometimes I need to "hit the pavement" again... and bring all that has crept slowly into my arms, and give it back again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment