Labels

Anecdote (13) book reviews (7) chris (1) glimpses (77) marriage (9) mommaville (37) projects (24) recipes (7) scenes (61)

Friday, December 2, 2011

Another year, another project!

If I were to sum up how I am right now I might use one word: listless.
December usually leaves me feeling this way, a little over stimulated, tired, touchy, hyper, and dismayed.  Dismayed because the Holidays are flying by and that is what I want them least to do. I don't want to get caught up in the frenzy.  I don't want to get caught up in the rush. I want to remember the moments.  I want to capture something of the deeper meanings of this time of year. And I am afraid I will miss it.

I feel like a small child who needs her parents to sit her down and impose a little quiet structure in her life.  So one again I am going to do this myself. Last year I did the Peace Project Countdown. This year I am snatching up my camera again - and applying a few rules.  I love photos.  Good photos. And I am blessed to have some friends that have taken some of the best photos I've ever scene. They inspire me: to stop and really see, to feel, to dream. To capture images that move people.

Each week I will post one assignment (for anyone who wants to join me), taken from the book, "Visual Poetry", by Chris Orwig. And at the end of the week- no matter how horrible the results may be-I will post my completed assignment.  So join me! Please!

Assignment #1 Dec 1-7th, 2011
Fill the Frame
The assignment is designed to get in close with your subjects.  The goal is to create 10 photographs where the subject fills the entire frame.  Use a focal length closest to a "normal" 50mm lens. Use tape to prevent changing the zoom.  Doing this will require that you physically move yourself forward and backward in order to compose.

No comments:

Post a Comment