Labels

Anecdote (13) book reviews (7) chris (1) glimpses (77) marriage (9) mommaville (37) projects (24) recipes (7) scenes (61)

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Of Wit and Wisdom


I am embarking on a new adventure. No, not the one previously mentioned on moving to Salt Lake, but I am attemping throughout the next year to tackle a previously unknown author to me- P.G. Wodehouse. I must admit I know rather nothing of him. In recently reading The Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde, and discussing it in my fabulous book group, it was mentioned that his wit, command of language, and light hearted writing was quite similar to Wodehouse.

I figure three things. 1. I need more light hearted humor in my life. 2. I need to challenge my grey matter so that it doesn't wither away from lack of use. and 3. I will never do it unless I provide some accountability by making it public.

So for those of you who love reading, check back to see my progess, notes, and impressions. For those of you who don't- skip anything with w&w 2011 in the title. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment